Wedding Venues Pretoria
One of the Most Romantic Wedding Venues in Pretoria
The saying “an Englishman’s home is his castle” is an old phrase, but is still in common use today. Its meaning indicates the sanctity of the home, a place where the homeowner was/is free to do as he pleased, because the title to his property and the dwelling was/is his alone – the lord of the manor or the king of his castle, one might say. Castles were places of safety, usually fortified for defensive purposes in times of war and unrest.
However, few are aware of the reputed origins of the saying, which had legal significance, since the lord and master of the home/castle was deemed to have the right to defend his property, person, and possessions by virtually any means necessary. The earliest known reference to this phrase appears to date back to 1505.
Now to our home, Castello Di Monte, which happens to be one of the most beautiful, elegant, and amazing wedding venues in Pretoria. Our venue is not an actual castle, though. Instead, it is a great villa, a 5-star guest house, built, furnished, and decorated in grand, tasteful Tuscan style.
Di Monte refers to our location and position. We are not exactly situated on a mountain that resembles the Italian Alps, but Castello Di Monte is situated on a ridge that overlooks Pretoria – the glorious Waterkloof Ridge. Although our spectacularly scenic Waterkloof Ridge location serves us and our wedding party guests very well, we have a great deal more to offer as one of the preferred Pretoria wedding venues.
One of the Best Venues
This is particularly relevant if your idea of a perfect big day is focusing on an unusually luxurious venue, superior personal service, and quality time spent in an exclusive, intimate environment with select guests who really matter to you.
- Winner and recipient of numerous awards, in addition to a 5-star grading
- Large, tranquil estate in an affluent area on the prestigious eastern side of Pretoria
- Selection of wedding packages, including the option to book the entire villa and venue for exclusive use
- Fine dining menu selection
- Total of nine magnificent guest suites, ideal for wedding guests who wish to stay over after celebrations at the venue
- Breathtaking, romantic honeymoon suite that features additional extras like an oval bath and a spa bath in the heavenly en suite bathroom
- Convenient proximity to Menlyn and Menlyn Main’s events, the Rovos Rail and Blue Train Stations, as well as Pretoria’s host of other attractions.
You are cordially invited to book with us to bring your wedding and your treasured guests to one of the prime Pretoria venues. Castello Di Monte could potentially be your home on the ridge for the duration of your perfect Pretoria wedding.