What Is Different About our Pretoria Accommodation?
Unlike in the UK and Europe, South Africa has very few castles, but we do have Castello di Monte, a grand villa of castle-like proportions, which is authentically built, finished, and furnished in equally grand Tuscan style.
European castles were designed as imposing homes for nobles and royalty, and also used for offensive or defensive purposes. Our Castello di Monte is used to welcome, host, and accommodate our guests for events, such as wedding parties, conferences, and those who wish to enjoy indulgent, luxurious accommodation in a peaceful, opulent location.
Our Castello is majestically set on a ridge in the prestigious Pretoria suburb of Waterkloof Ridge, overlooking the other hills and suburbs of this city, famous for the Jacaranda blossoms that turn the city purple in October. Castello di Monte estate’s own gardens are planted with mature olive trees and glorious, blooming bushes of lavender, enhancing the Tuscan spirit, essence, and ambience of the magnificent villa.
Grand, Multi-Functional 5-Star Guest House
As a 5 star guest house, Castello di Monte is quite different from the norm in Pretoria, where guests who seek accommodation are typically accommodated in the hosts’ home, in which certain amenities are shared between both parties. Guests may rent and occupy rooms/suites or the entire villa, giving Castello di Monte a distinct, distinguished edge over usual guest houses found here and in the rest of South Africa.
Visitors to Castello may choose any of our individual room options:
- Classic room – from 30 square metres
- Terrance room – size as above, plus private balcony. Offering superb views.
- Honeymoon suite – 50 square metres with Jacuzzi bath and a lovely, luxurious lounge.
- Presidential suite – space galore. 124 square metres of sheer indulgent luxury, with romantic gas fireplace, lounge, and private balcony
- 9 rooms – the entire grand villa
Currently, from set dates in January 2019, we are offering various special packages at Castello di Monte.
- Conference – up to 25 delegates, depending on required seating plan, half or full day conference with either three-course breakfast or three-course lunch (set menus).
- Summer weddings – morning wedding with breakfast or lunch, or afternoon/evening wedding, including exclusive use of villa, with accommodation in all nine bedrooms.
- Winter weddings – May to August 2019. Late afternoon/evening wedding, maximum 35 persons, villa and accommodation as above.
- Accommodation – choose between two packages: Romanza or Rejuvenation
- Valentine’s Special – February 2019. Celebrate your romance in sensational style, accommodation included
- Date Night – super special, romantic couple’s time, including accommodation.
There is so much to say about Castello di Monte and our superbly luxurious guest accommodations in Pretoria that words and pictures alone will never suffice. Book an overnight stay or special occasion at our Castello for a tempting taste of what is on offer up on the ridge.